Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ask Me!

I am currently taking questions on Goodreads and I thought it would be interesting to share my answers on my blog as well. Do you have a question? Ask me on:  Goodreads.com
K. Lamb I think many things played a part in inspiring me to write. A key player is having a love of literature. I believe that eventually blossoms into one's own development and desire to write. I can thank my grandmother for this gift. She truly opened up new worlds to me by always having books available to me in all my favorite genres. Children do not need to be pushed to read as long as you make a wide variety of books available to them. They will gravitate toward them if you allow them that opportunity and rein in some of the other outside influences, i.e. t.v., computers, gaming systems.

There was also this moment that dates all the way back to elementary school. We were having a parent night and one of our class projects was to write a story that we turned into books. We made hard covers for them covered in fabric and used labels for the titles. I was so excited by the project that I asked the teacher if I could make two books. I can't remember my teacher's name, or even the grade, but what I won't forget was her leaning down to me and saying, "You're going to be a writer someday." It is amazing how a few simple words of encouragement can stick with a child.

Finally, I think there is something that is just inherent in an author that makes them want to write. A thought or plot just pops into their mind and you have to put pen to paper or tap it out on a keyboard.

I want to encourage everyone to write. You don't have to become an author if that is not your calling, but writing can be beneficial to everyone even if it is a daily journal. There is just something so comforting about putting your ideas down on paper and seeing it as a tangible element you can physically hold on to.

Thank you for your question, Raul! I look forward to answering your remaining ones.

Wishing you a little mystery & adventure,

K. Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment