Monday, July 28, 2014

Ask Me!

I am currently taking questions on Goodreads and I thought it would be interesting to share my answers on my blog as well. Do you have a question? Ask me on:  Goodreads.com

K. Lamb I am currently working on two different books. I am working on my third book for the Dani P. Mystery children's series and a young adult novel.

The idea for Dani and the Rocking Horse Ranch came from several places within me. I am blessed with memories of my childhood adventures with my pony, Maple. My parents also have a ranch and it was a way of doing a tribute to them. Finally, my young niece is absolutely wild about horses and is currently taking riding lessons. This book was meant to be written for all those reasons! My niece's excitement is well worth it alone. She and her sister love Dani's mysteries and mischief!

My novel, Max Donovan, was originally supposed to be a "grown-up" young adult version of Dani. However, after much internal debate I decided this was not a good idea for many reasons. Mainly, I was afraid that this novel would end up in the hands of children. Since it is a grisly tale of murder, that would have been highly inappropriate. Therefore, I went back to my storyboard and made some changes while trying to keep the main plot points the same to hold on to the integrity of how I meant the book to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment