Monday, July 28, 2014

Ask Me!

I am currently taking questions on Goodreads and I thought it would be interesting to share my answers on my blog as well. Do you have a question? Ask me on:  Goodreads.com

K. Lamb Hmm, I'm not quite sure I want to answer that question at the risk of making myself appear old. In all seriousness, I've been writing since I was quite young. I've always enjoyed making up little stories and writing poetry. I was lucky enough to have someone encourage my imagination.

There have been times in my life off and on that I have stopped. Life gets busy raising a family and working. Priorities take precedence. Somehow I always find my way back to it. I think when something provides us joy we will always gravitate toward it, writing is no exception.

Children have a way of growing up and leaving the nest. Suddenly you find more and more time on your hands that you didn't have before. Once again, I found myself writing. It filled my hours and brought me comfort. I hadn't thought about publishing in a long time, not until my husband and daughter challenged me. They wanted to know if not now, when? It was the right moment and the perfect opportunity. I spent about a year just researching, reading, and learning the endless plethora of information. It boggled my mind--it still does--at what I have to learn. However, I didn't want to someday look back at life with regrets.

So, to answer your question, it has been a life-long quest! One I have enjoyed immensely. I'm not exactly sure where it is heading, but I'm looking forward to the adventure! No one knows what tomorrow will bring, after all, what is life without a little mystery?

Wishing you all the best,

K. Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment