Thursday, May 29, 2014

Encourage your children to write!


Have you been trying to figure out how to get your children to write? It is not always an easy task! 
I've got a great idea! I wish I could take credit for it, but I cannot. The idea actually came from my daughter.  It was during one of our regular Skype chats when my daughter excitedly told me about one of the gifts she bought for her boyfriend's college graduation. He is on a special 3+2 program where he graduates a year early from their college and transfers to finish his engineering degree at another. Since they will be apart she wanted to give him a gift that they could later share together. She bought each of them a 5-year journal. 
We are all familiar with a typical journal. However, I had never heard of this type of journal before. It is a one sentence journal. You can purchase them with question prompts or just blank. There is only enough space to enter one line of text. 

What a perfect concept for children! Every child can spare a moment to think of one thing in their day they would like to write about. I immediately fell in love with this idea! To make it even easier, you can purchase the one with a prompt if you prefer. The best part, they even make a Q&A Children's Journal! This one is only a 3-year journal. 


Think of what an amazing treasure this would be for your child as a high school graduation gift! They will see their thoughts and feeling as a child over a 3 or 5 year life span--or longer if you keep it going.

I am seriously considering buying one for myself. After all, it is one line a day--a treasure--my daughter can someday cherish. I think it is the perfect gift for anyone one, of any age!

Wishing you all a little adventure,

K. Lamb
Author of the Dani P. Mystery series

http://www.danipmystery.com
http://www.facebook.com/danipmystery
http://www.twitter.com/danipmystery or @danipmystery

It's the adventures of Dani P.
Join her in her mysteries!

(Photo Source:  Barnes and Noble.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment