Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hearing from my young readers

I think every author loves to hear from their readers--especially when the remarks are favorable. For me, this is even more true when it comes from a child and my book has sparked something in them. When I know that, for a moment, they are lost in the story and transported elsewhere. They are living that mystery. They are walking alongside Dani P. and Chloe. I love that they can imagine themselves inside of the haunted house as they hunt for clues.

It is why every time I receive a photograph or a note from a parent telling me how much their child enjoyed my book I feel so much of an accomplishment. It is not because I wrote the book, but because I helped a child continue their love of reading. This gift was given to me at a very early age by my grandmother and I do not believe there is any better gift than to help someone broaden their imagination into unknown worlds. 

This morning, via Facebook, I received this very lovely picture of a little girl from the United Kingdom enjoying her copy of Dani and the Haunted House. I love the fact she is playing peek-a-boo with the camera. 

Here is the message that came with the photo: 


"Todays happy pic (be more later im behind by several days) happy girl with her book mark and matching book. Thank you again K. Lamb she was jumping up and down." 


 photo DaniPFan_zps4ef40501.jpg
























Every time a written word is put to page it is the opportunity to expand our minds, whether we are the writer or the reader. Enjoy the journey wherever it may take you!

Happy reading,

K. Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment